The changes to the original constitution are highlighted
1. The Club shall be called the Carlisle & District Rambling Club. (am 2004 &1999 AGM's)
2. Membership shall be open to all lovers of the open air, and membership is effected on the receipt of the current subscription.
3. The aims and objects shall be; to provide for the healthy enjoyment of leisure, to encourage love of the open air, to promote social friendships, and to organise activities within these objects.
4. The following officers shall be appointed; Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer,and in addition a Rambles Secretary, Social Secretary , Membership Secretary, Publicity Organiser, and Safety Co-ordinator. Other members may be elected to the committee to assist in the running of the club. All committee members must be subscribing members of the club.
Members may be appointed by the committee to assist in the running of the club, without becoming committee members.
4a. An Honorary President may be appointed for a three year term. (1990 AGM)
4b. The appointment of Honorary Life Members may be recommended to the AGM by the Committee. Members may submit recommendations to the Committee before the end of the December prior to the AGM. (2013 AGM),
5. The annual subscription and joining fee shall be that figure agreed at the Annual General Meeting.
6. The financial year shall end on the last day of December (am 1993 AGM) each year,
The annual subscription shall be payable on the 1st January each year but not later than
1st March Any member who has not paid by that date shall be deemed to be no longer
a member but may rejoin at any time but will have to pay the appropriate rejoining fee
7. An Annual General Meeting shall be held not later than March 31st to receive the Chairman’s Report, the Treasurer's Statement of Accounts, and to elect a Committee for the ensuing year.
8. All members of the Committee shall be elected for the period of one year, but shall be eligible for re-election.
9. Election of the Committee shall be by the majority decision of members present at the AGM .
All members are eligible to stand for election and must be proposed and seconded. If the proposal is for a specific position on the committee, which would lead to the position being contested, notice must be given in writing to the Secretary no less than 14 days before the AGM
10. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt a Member to fill any vacancy which occurs during the year.
11. Three members of the Committee shall form a quorum.
12. Alterations to the Constitution can be made only at an AGM or at an Extra-Ordinary Meeting called at the request of not less than twelve members.
13. Notice of AGM shall be given fourteen days before the date of the meeting.
14. Notice of EGM shall be given one month before the date of the meeting.
15. Termination of Membership. The Committee shall have the right, for good and sufficient reasons, to terminate the membership of an individual member provided that the individual member shall have the right to be heard by the Committee before a decision is made and shall have the right to appeal to a General Meeting of the Club. (2006 AGM)
a. If, at any General Meeting of the Club, a resolution be passed calling for the dissolution of the Club, the Secretary shall immediately convene a Special General Meeting of the Club to be held not less than two months thereafter to discuss and vote on the resolution.
b. If at that Special General Meeting, the resolution is carried by at least two thirds of the Full Members present, the General Committee shall thereupon, or at such date as shall have been specified in the resolution, proceed to realize the assets of the Club and discharge all debts and liabilities of the Club.
c. After discharging all debts and liabilities of the Club, the remaining assets shall not be paid or distributed amongst the Full Members of the Club, but shall be given or transferred to some other voluntary organisation having objects similar to those of the Club. (2006 AGM)